To Reuse or Not to Reuse? That is the Question.
If you've been considering reusable containers for your business, the biggest challenge you may be facing is whether or not the switch will be cost-effective. Changing the way your company handles storage and shipping isn't a decision that should be taken lightly. In fact, it requires extensive research and a clear vision of how your company will benefit from such a major change. If you haven't already determined exactly what the benefits of using reusable containers will be, consider the following 5 reasons companies make the switch:
- Reusable containers can significantly reduce your packaging, freight and storage costs.
- Reusable containers are designed to last for years and are more durable than wood or corrugated alternatives.
- Reusable containers have a low environmental impact and are completely recyclable.
- Reusable containers provide better product protection, are weather-resistant and easier to clean.
- Reusable containers are completely customizable to fit your exact needs.
While the up-front and replacement costs for reusable containers may be significantly higher than one-time use packaging, the payoff usually comes quicker than expected as companies find additional uses for their containers. To help lower the initial investment of reusable containers, APR Allen Plastics Repair offers several cost-saving solutions for our customers:
- Refurbished reusable containers can be purchased from APR for less than the cost of new and are covered by a 3-year warranty. [More Info]
- In the event your reusable containers break or crack, APR's innovative repair programs offer a permanent fix for a fraction of the cost of buying brand new. [Read More]
- For a more short-term solution, APR offers a convenient, low-investment rental program for reusable containers. [Learn More]
If any of the above benefits are in line with your goals as a company, the next step is to run the numbers to determine your actual cost impact. Luckily, the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) offers a convenient calculator just for businesses like yours. Just download the excel file, update the fields with company-specific data and check out the results.
Reusable containers are a long-term solution that currently saves hundreds of thousands of companies money every year. Industries such as automotive, medical, food and beverage, agriculture, pharmaceutical and countless more are already using reusable containers. More than 2/3 of Fortune 500 companies now have sustainability mandates, many of which include the use of reusable packaging.
Choose to reuse. Call 260.496.9934 and ask for Aaron.